This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Move zlib up one level?
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Subject: Re: Move zlib up one level?
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 23:23:02 -0500
- References: <20011111032226.GA21492@redhat.com>
Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Would there be any objections to my moving cinstall's zlib directory to
> the same level as bz2lib, i.e., making it winsup/zlib?
> I'd like to use some of its functionality in cygcheck.exe.
Yeah, but isn't cygcheck a cygwin1.dll application? That would mean you'd
need to (at least) compile libz.a twice anyway -- once as a cygwin "app"
and once as a native "app", right?
Or can we build that static lib the same way both times (e.g. only build it
once) since *static* libs CAN have unresolved externals (like "printf") and
then trust the linker to "do the right thing" w.r.t. cygcheck and setup?