This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Move zlib up one level?
On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 03:37:26PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>Good idea. For package management - querying installed packages/files
>per package etc, a c++ library built from parts of setup.exe will be
>needed. As I sort the object model out I'll happily assist putting this
Here's what I need so far, some is not actually setup specific, although
setup uses it:
1) Something to translate POSIX -> native. Currently called "cygpath"
in setup, although this is probably a bad choice of name.
2) Something to return the list of installed packages.
3) Something to return the cygwin mount table. Currently, I have implemented
a lightweight setmntent and getmntent using the code in
4) Something to parse a tar file name into package/version or altenatively,
return that information from 2)
5) Something to return a list of files associated with a package.
That's it so far, I think.