This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Setup snpshot bug no skip/keep
- To: cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Setup snpshot bug no skip/keep
- From: Brian Keener <bkeener at thesoftwaresource dot com>
- Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2001 13:01:34 EST
- References: <200111091357.IAA29622@cs.umb.edu> <VA.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20011109111617.F24506@redhat.com> <VA.email@example.com> <042f01c16b06$67ae3350$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
- Reply-to: bkeener at thesoftwaresource dot com
Robert Collins wrote:
> The problem with 4 buckets is that either 1 is a pointer to another or
> you have to remember to change 2 whenever you change one. Both of which
> will be annoying. When this becomes a bit more oop, this can be made
> transparent, and then it will be easier.
I'm confused - remove the current Info for installed and add a new bucket for
installed in the Info structure that keeps track of Prev, Curr and Test. You
still are only updating one installed bucket.
> The current UNKNOWN bucket, IMO should be used to store the installed
> package details IFF it's not listed in setup.ini.
That works for me - I guess I just don't see why the installed Info Structure
is separate from the info Info Structure as we discussed above. But I think in
some earlier versions before the heavy rewrites we did use Unknown for an
installed version not in setup.ini - at least that was the trust we used
although we may not have used that part of the structure.
> Also local tarballs should be included, and the bucket count should be