This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup shortterm roadmap
- To: <cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Subject: setup shortterm roadmap
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 17:56:23 +1100
I intend to continue working on the core of setup - splitting into
discrete modules, some of which will be libraries - and addressing
issues such as dependency ordering installed files and the like.
I do not intend to work directly on the GUI at this point. I will
probably do some stuff as I rearrange the guts.
I propose the following features as being appropriate for the next
* File magic detection (done, in testing).
* Install directly from i/n, no caching
* Initial multiple mirror support.
* Installed packages view
* Download from internet can autoselect either (updates to any installed
package and packages not installed) or (packages not current or present
in the download cache) or (updates to installed packages only).
* Don't ask about startmenu or desktop options if they exist AND are
The last three are hereby up for grabs.
Any alterations/suggestions etc please speak up, I'm not intending to be
a dictator here :].