This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: RFP cygcheck
- From: Earnie Boyd <earnie_boyd at yahoo dot com>
- To: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 16:58:01 -0500
- Subject: Re: RFP cygcheck
- References: <046b01c16d56$01e7d470$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
- Reply-to: CA List <Cygwin-Apps at Cygwin dot Com>
Robert Collins wrote:
> How do you feel about making cygcheck a separate package to
> Why? becuase
> a) it's reporting on setup.exe issues as well as pure cygwin1.dll issues
> b) Updating setup may therefore require updating cygcheck, and I don't
> think that that should require updating 'cygwin'.
> c) With dependencies theres no concern about cygcheck not getting
> installed - just place it in base.
Why not extend this to all of winsup/utils?
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com