This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFP] cURL (was: It's official -- package moratorium lifted)
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: "Roth, Kevin P." <KPRoth at MarathonOil dot com>
- Cc: Cygwin-Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 14:53:15 -0500
- Subject: Re: [RFP] cURL (was: It's official -- package moratorium lifted)
- References: <6EB31774D39507408D04392F40A10B2BC1FE01@FDYEXC202.mgroupnet.com>
"Roth, Kevin P." wrote:
> Could the OpenSSL maintainer consider reworking the install so as to
> actually create the OpenSSL DLLs under cygwin? Then I could try
> linking against them, and save a little bit of filesize in curl.exe?
I recommend that this wait until the libtool changes go in, and we have
an official libtool-with-autoimport-support cygwin package.
Yeah, this may be a long time from now -- but porting DLL's without
autoimport, *especially* the the package is already (old) libtoolized --
is a royal PITA. Until then, "disk space is cheap"(tm).