This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Fixing openssh to avoid occasional spurious connection failures
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Jonathan Kamens" <jik at curl dot com>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 08:51:47 +1100
- Subject: Re: Fixing openssh to avoid occasional spurious connection failures
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Jonathan Kamens" <email@example.com>
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2001 8:39 AM
Subject: Fixing openssh to avoid occasional spurious connection failures
> As I just noted in
> ssh connections from Cygwin can occasionally fail because a winsock
> bug causes the connection to be assigned a local port number which is
> already in use.
> The simplest workaround for this problem would be to put a default
> "ConnectionAttempts 4" setting in the ssh_config that gets generated
> by ssh-host-config.
> The next simplest workaround would be to get the OpenSSH maintainers
> to apply this patch:
And what about patching cygwin! to automatically retry on EADDRINUSE -
if we can detect that the winsock bug is the culprit? That would fix
ssh, squid, telnet, ftp....