This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: "post-install scripts"?
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: Jonathan Kamens <jik at curl dot com>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:07:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: "post-install scripts"?
- References: <email@example.com>
Jonathan Kamens wrote:
> I see several references in <URL:http://www.cygwin.com/setup.html> to
> post-install scripts for packages, and there have been several
> recent references here to such scripts as well. I'm unclear about
> what this means in the context of Cygwin. I know that in a RedHat
> RPM, for example, the post-install script is run automatically after
> the package is installed. Is the same thing true here, i.e., is there
> some way to put a script into a Cygwin package that will be run
> automatically after the package is installed?
Yep. If the package contains a file /etc/postinstall/foo then that file
will be executed after installation, and then renamed to foo.done
afterwards. (All *.done files are ignored).
> Or is what is being
> discussed here a script that the user needs to run by hand?