This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFP] cURL (was: It's official -- package moratorium lifted)
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Roth, Kevin P." <KPRoth at MarathonOil dot com>,"Gerrit P. Haase" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 17:38:23 +1100
- Subject: Re: [RFP] cURL (was: It's official -- package moratorium lifted)
- References: <6EB31774D39507408D04392F40A10B2BC1FE00@FDYEXC202.mgroupnet.com>
Cygwin is not an obvious requirement, not all cygwin distributed
binaries are cygwin linked.
Your categories were fine IMO.
Listing in both Web and Net is ok, if thats what your package does.
sdescs for categories added to the wishlist.
As for squid, I think that snuck in from somewhere. I'll update it's
setup.hint next time I'm uploading stuff to sources.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Roth, Kevin P." <KPRoth@MarathonOil.com>
Not that I have any objection to having that in there... This may be a
good addition to /setup.html, along with the reason behing having that
(as an aside, while looking at the other packages already in these
categories, I noticed squid is under Net, but unless I missed something,
squid is more of a web tool...)
(as another aside, could setup.exe be modified to display an "sdesc"
field for each category? so that the main list of categories includes
short descriptions of the kind of packages found under each one?)