This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
setup.exe and empty proxy password field - was "Re: BUG"
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: Phil Hayward <P dot Hayward at synectics dot co dot uk>
- Cc: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 12:56:16 +0100
- Subject: setup.exe and empty proxy password field - was "Re: BUG"
- References: <B7C2CB580AC61040A56B185BC393930FC966@synecticsbs2k.synectics.co.uk>
First of all I'll ask you the next time you report a BUG to
include more information in the subject than just "BUG".
This way you'll get much more attention.
Something like "setup.exe and empty proxy password field" will
do, I think :)
Ok :) Now, I've just checked the code and there is a problem
if you dont specify a password. I can supply a patch for this
but first of all I must be sure that using proxy auth without
password is valid.
Any comments people :)
Phil Hayward wrote:
> The link that says "Install cygwin now" downloads a program which I can
> run ok,
> this then (on entering our proxy server details) asks for a user name
> and password -
> since I don't have a password set the ok button/next button is
> unavailable to be pressed.