This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Shouldn't /bin/cygcurl-2.dll from curl-7.9.1-1 be stripped ?
- From: Corinna Vinschen <vinschen at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2001 01:40:40 +0100
- Subject: Re: Shouldn't /bin/cygcurl-2.dll from curl-7.9.1-1 be stripped ?
- References: <6EB31774D39507408D04392F40A10B2BC1FE10@FDYEXC202.mgroupnet.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 04:08:22PM -0500, Roth, Kevin P. wrote:
> a) The OpenSSL package could be tweaked to come with DLLs
I've just uploaded OpenSSL-0.9.6b-2 which provides static libs and DLLs.
You can go ahead and link cURL against the OpenSSL DLLs now. Please
think of changing setup.hint to require openssl now.
As a testcase I'm using a locally build version of OpenSSH which is
linked against libcrypto DLL and it works fine.
I think I will upload OpenSSH linked against the OpenSSL DLLs soon,
too. The binaries are fifth of the previous size.
Corinna Vinschen Please, send mails regarding Cygwin to
Cygwin Developer mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org
Red Hat, Inc.