Re: -src package standard: proposal #5 and #5a

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Corinna Vinschen" <vinschen@redhat.com>
To: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 20, 2001 8:39 PM
Subject: Re: -src package standard: proposal #5 and #5a

> Since everybody had a point now, I would like to add my two cent here.
>
> We just need two things in the new setup before the next rewrite:
>
> - New packages should be in `install', not in `skip' state.

If you can suggest how to trivially identify said packages, sure.
Otherwise, this should wait for installed.db to become a database - ie
for rpm (does it have a database of available packages outside of
rpmfind.net?) or deb compatability.

> - A One-Click "select all packages" button.  Hope Amazon doesn't read
this.

Thats what cgf and I just had a discussion on. I still don't see how a
'select all packages' button will get clueless or new users to install
what they need. And installing *everything* is exactly what we were
trying to get away from. Clickable categories as well don't solve that.

Still NMP.

Chris, Corinna, please put heads together and decide: "select all
packages button" or "clickable categories (so you can add a category
'almost all' or whatever).

Then tell me, and I'll code up the band aid for the categories branch.

Rob