This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Is CVS setup.exe (tip) supposed to work?
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <g dot r dot vansickle at worldnet dot att dot net>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:45:17 +1100
- Subject: Re: Is CVS setup.exe (tip) supposed to work?
- References: <NCBBIHCHBLCMLBLOBONKEEJDCHAA.firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Gary R. Van Sickle" <email@example.com>
> > You can setup a local mirror, by changing the URL that the
> > is downloaded from to point to your own webserver - just don't check
> > that change in :].
> Is that required for it to work, or should it work with current
mirrors as they
It should be fine as is. To date, no backwards-incompatible changes have
been committed to HEAD. Some are upcoming, (se my setup.ini and upset
change email a few days back) and those changes while needed for HEAD,
are forward compatible with the categories parser.
> > As for this problem, try running setup under gdb and seeing whats
> > on here though.
> Um, yeah, well, I did try that, with hi-larious
> results. Well, hi-larious perhaps if it was happening to somebody
else at a
> non-godforsaken hour of the morning ;-). Guess I have no option
> to read the gdb instructions ;-).
gdb -nw ./setup.exe
and go from there.