This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe question: Is the NetIO_IE5 class necessary ?
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Pavel Tsekov" <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 21:47:42 +1100
- Subject: Re: setup.exe question: Is the NetIO_IE5 class necessary ?
- References: <3C0219F2.163EAA40@syntrex.com>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pavel Tsekov" <email@example.com>
> What is the idea behind this class.. Do we actually need it ? :)
AFAIK it's a wrapper for the MS internet helper library .dll. If the low
level http support works properly it may not be needed.
However AFAIK the low level code doesn't handle NTLM authentication to
proxies, which may affect some folk.
So for the next major update to setup.exe IMO it should stay in, but if
ned be it could be temporarily disabled in HEAD to allow incremental
converison to io_streams.