This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: upset and setup.ini change for the next version
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 23:57:32 -0500
- Subject: Re: upset and setup.ini change for the next version
- References: <078501c173e4$9dd60070$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
- Reply-to: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
On Fri, Nov 23, 2001 at 04:49:17PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>I've nearly completed the code that will do different requires: clauses
>per version of a package.
>The reason is to allow new dependencies to be introduced with a new
>version of a package, but not affect folk who don't upgrade the package.
>It's also a precursor to embedded metadata.
>However, setup.ini now needs a requires line statement for each
>version - ie
>Chris, can upset handle this now?
Sorry it took so long to answer this.
The answer, of course, is no. If upset was to handle this now it would
output confusing and potentially incorrect setup.ini files.
I'm not sure how you're going to get this information into setup.hint, since
the current syntax doesn't allow this.