This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [RFP] misc from cygutils
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Charles Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2001 20:51:44 +1100
- Subject: Re: [RFP] misc from cygutils
- References: <3C032ACF.firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Wilson" <email@example.com>
> So, three questions:
> 1) can I add misc to the official dist?
> 2) can anybody come up with a better name? This package is intended
> be a grab-bag of simple utilities (each executable requires only a
> single source code file of moderate length).
Uhmm, not really :[. I don't think it's worth the effort to split the
tools out, and they dont' fit neatly into any one category...
BTW, it seems to me that dump == od, and [put|get]clip are somewhat
> 3) Did I make the right decision w.r.t. the IPC tools? Eventually
> have real, built-in IPC and those tools can then be distributed
> requiring cygipc...
IMO, yes. I'm sure there will be bug reports, but hey :}.