This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: libresolv and resolv.h
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- To: "Lapo Luchini" <lapo at lapo dot it>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 22:50:32 +1100
- Subject: Re: libresolv and resolv.h
- References: <3C04CF87.FA8519A7@lapo.it>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lapo Luchini" <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 28, 2001 10:50 PM
Subject: libresolv and resolv.h
> in trying to port new rsync-2.4.7 (preview 4) I discovered that
> doesn't contain a pre-compiled libresolv, I did some search on the
> mailing list and discovered that can be compiled OOTB from some bind
> version (that is neither 9.2.0 or 8.2.5)... but I was thinking:
> a) of course "everyone can compile it, as it's easy", but couln'd a
> precompiled package be more useful?
> b) is really needed to build a resolver when the underlying winsock
> already do that? couln't a "stub" libresolv be easier and smaller to
In fact this has been a recent thread on this list, and I've offered to
advise anyone creating a stub resolver should they need assistance (I
don't have the time to do it myself).