This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: question about perl -i bug
- From: "Gerrit P. Haase" <freeweb at nyckelpiga dot de>
- To: "Ralf Habacker" <Ralf dot Habacker at freenet dot de>
- Cc: "Cygwin-Apps" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 17:55:56 +0100
- Subject: Re: question about perl -i bug
- Organization: convey Information Systems GmbH
- References: <006f01c177ea$b6d3a1e0$651c440a@BRAMSCHE>
- Reply-to: "Gerrit P. Haase" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
2001-11-28 17:49:17, du schriebst:
>> > in http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2001-08/msg00045.html I have
>> > reported a bug with perl.
>> > My question is if this bug is fixed ? I have read that gerrit Haase has
>> > tried to compile perl. Does he have success ?
>> In the current version it is the same as before, no inplace editing without
>> backup is possible.
> But you say, that there is somebody, who can compile and make a distribution
> of perl.
> I'm asking, because I want to look into the source to prepare a patch if nobody
> else will do this.
> This fix would remove one needed patch for the kde port (6 times in every kde package in
That would be great, please checkout bleadperl to do the patch!
rsync -auvz rsync://ftp.linux.activestate.com/perl-current/ /target/directory
If you have questions about how to compile, feel free to ask.
If a patch gets accepted by the perl5-porters then it is in the next release.
I suggest this will happen soon so I plan to make no more releases of the 5.6
And if it is neccessary to do so it would be easy to integrate it there too.
convey Information Systems GmbH http://www.convey.de/
Gerrit P. Haase D-50933 Köln
firstname.lastname@example.org Fon: ++49 221 6903922