This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: attn: which, bzip2,gzip maintainers (was Re: some problems with setup.ini)
- From: "Paul G." <pgarceau at qwest dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 14:52:03 -0800
- Subject: Re: attn: which, bzip2,gzip maintainers (was Re: some problems with setup.ini)
- Organization: Paul G.
- References: <1006938304.712.23.camel@lifelesswks>
- Reply-to: pgarceau at qwest dot net
On 28 Nov 2001 at 12:42, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> [removed cygwin@cygwin from the To:]
> On Wed, Nov 28, 2001 at 08:05:02PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
> >Lets move this to cygwin-apps.
> >On Tue, 2001-11-27 at 08:36, Joshua Franklin wrote:
> >> This doesn't help the known gettext problem, but
> >> a couple setup.hint files still need updating:
> >> which still relies on jpeg and zlib for no reason
> >Agreed - can the which maintainer stand up please.
> Sorry. That was probably my fault. I thought I'd fixed that.
> >> rxvt is still in shells, not utils
> >I'm still not 100% sure that utils is appropriate.
> Me neither.
FWIW, Mingw doesn't have an extensive utils as part of base distribution. Even
so, you can download binutils as a separate enhancement from several sources.
Primarily, however, that usually turns out being the binutils package maintained
at the Sourceforge site by Mingw developers.