This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Recent setup.ini corruption
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 18:00:45 -0500
- Subject: Re: Recent setup.ini corruption
- References: <20011128193300.GA6598@redhat.com>
Christopher Faylor wrote:
> The recent reports of setup.ini corruption were due, I believe, to the
> use of embedded "'s in some recent ldesc additions.
This was my fault. <hangs head in shame> Sorry....
I've also sent Corinna an updated set of setup.hints that use
texinfo-proper `foo' internal quotation marks, instead of "foo".
> I've modified upset to convert these types of quotes to apostrophes and
> this seems to have fixed the problem.
Thanks. I'm sure this type of screwup will happen again (maybe someone
OTHER than me, next time) so it's good if upset can handle this