RE: question about perl -i bug

I have found, that the error is "permission denied" .

One question: Does cygwin use a different concept for file opening/creation as for example
linux ?

> > But you say, that there is somebody, who can compile and make a distribution
> > of perl.
> ?
I want to say, that I need perhaps somebody who can assist me. :-)

> > I'm asking, because I want to look into the source to prepare a patch if nobody
> > else will do this.
> > This fix would remove one needed patch for the kde port (6 times in every kde package in
> > admin/Makefile.common)
>
> That would be great, please checkout bleadperl to do the patch!
>
> rsync -auvz rsync://ftp.linux.activestate.com/perl-current/ /target/directory

Can't I use the perl 5.6.1-2 src from cygwin ?

> If you have questions about how to compile, feel free to ask.

Thats want I want to here with the question, you answered with ?