This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup current problems
- From: Charles Wilson <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- To: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at itdomain dot com dot au>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com, cygwin-apps at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2001 04:09:03 -0500
- Subject: Re: setup current problems
- References: <009401c178b4$0d3d92b0$0200a8c0@lifelesswks>
Robert Collins wrote:
> I've found the problem with setup, and am preparing a new version now.
> FYI it's an infinite loop caused by the packages autoconf and
> autoconf-devel (amongst others) depending on each other.
Bleah -- but I tested this earlier. It worked...or at least I thought I
was exercising the proper code path; I specifically wanted to make sure
that cyclic dependencies were okay.
I guess my earlier 'test' didn't really *test* what I thought it was
testing...sorry for the trouble, folks.
BUT: the dependency loop NEEDS to be there -- becuase those packages ARE
mutually dependent. It's just that setup needs to traverse the loop
only once and terminate. :-)