Re: setup.hint

On Fri, Dec 21, 2001 at 09:21:44AM -0000, Morrison, John wrote:
>Would it be a good idea for the setup.hint file to have something along the
>lines of:
>
>Maintainer: John Morrison
>Contact: John.Morrison@uk.experian.com
>
>?  This would allow folks to email the maintainer directly without
>having to bug the list.  For example, I didn't know that Corinna was
>the maintainer of the 'which' package.
>
>Just an idea.

This idea was discussed in this very mailing list very recently.

I'm not sure why you *have* to know that Corinna is the maintainer.  If
you have problems with the package, you send email to cygwin-apps or
cygwin@cygwin.  There's no need for you to enter into a private dialog
with the maintainer.

If you are really curious about who is maintaining the package then perusal
of the cygwin-announce archives would satisfy your curiousity.

It looks like we are going to need a cygwin-apps FAQ, soon, too.

cgf