Re: Low-level progress messages in setup.log

----- Original Message -----
From: "Robert Collins" <robert.collins@itdomain.com.au>
To: "Michael A Chase" <mchase@ix.netcom.com>; "Cygwin-Apps"
<cygwin-apps@sources.redhat.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 20, 2002 23:16
Subject: Re: Low-level progress messages in setup.log

> ===

It definitely goes there now, but what benefit are we gaining by having
low-level progress messages in the permanent log?  I thought that was what
setup.log.full was for.

My original thought was to go through the source files and basically change
any log() calls that said 'called' or 'peeked' or similar low-level progress
indicators and change them from LOG_TIMESTAMP to either LOG_BABBLE or
LOG_TIMESTAMP | LOG_BABBLE.  If some of those progress messages are meant to
be in setup.log, I'll need to know what policy to follow.  Just a hint for
now and we can finalize the plan when you see some of my patches.

It's going to take me quite a while to get really up to speed, so if you
have any repetative work that you haven't found time for, I'd be glad to
handle those for you.
--
Mac :})