Re: Setup

Robert Collins wrote:
> Ok, final feedback and bug-killing time folk.

I just built from CVS and the big thing I noticed in the past and still seems
to be there has to do with doing an "Install from Local Directory" after doing
the Download.  It appears the download is working fine but when I select
Install from Local Directory if I select any package(s) for reinstall then
setup seems to uninstall just fine but the Reinstall doesn't seem to do
anything - my log doesn't seem to show any creations but it shows alot of
unlinks for the removals.  I discovered this while researching another problem
dealing with install from local directory where setup doesn't seem to install
the last package selected for upgrade (as opposed to reinstall mentioned
above).  It seems to download it fine or if I select install from the internet
that also seems to work - I've been trying to debug it but my skills are
beginner at best.  I can neither confirm or deny the upgrade problem at the
moment but I just had the reinstall happen so I can confirm that one.

The other couple of things I've noticed are probably open for preference so I
will throw them out for general consensus:

1) If I have a group of packages installed and I select the
Test option to see what packages are available for in Test should all the
packages I have installed that do not have a Test Version show Uninstall or
should they should keep??  It is my contention that thy should show keep and
not uninstall - unless I explicitly request uninstall.

2) If I am doing and "Install from Local Directory" and the Source file does
not exist in the Local path should the option for Source only or the Sources
checkbox even be available?? It is my contention again that if the Sources
cannot be found then the option should not exist.

Those are the few things I found - if you need a copy of my setup.log.full -
just let me know.  I'll keep trying on the Reinstall to get a handle on what
gives but if anyone has any clues you might want to fix it as opposed to
waiting on me.

bk