Re: pkgconfig

Robert Collins wrote:

> [...]

I disagree.  IMO, the distinction between contrib and latest is
precisely zero.  Is 'opengl' (latest) more essential than 'perl'
(contrib)?  Is 'ctags' (latest) more essential than 'gettext' (contrib)?
   cpio? mt? bc? clear? (all latest) -- these are hardly essential for
most users.

See this message:

> In fact, I'd go so far to suggest that we abolish latest and contrib altogether..

Well, yeah, me too -- but setup got confused, according to some users,
the last time we tried moving packages around (ncurses).  Lets verify
that the soon-to-be-released setup can handle moving ONE package
(gettext?) before advocating a wholesale rearrangement.  (AND give
everybody out there some time to switch from the old 'stable' setup to
the new 2.194.2.x one).

Wasn't Chris mumbling about rearranging stuff at some point?

--Chuck