Re: setup.exe rebase patch

Robert Collins wrote:

> [...]

Note: libtool-devel does not use auto-image-base.  I don't THINK
libtool-stable does, either.  And all of "my" DLLs have been rebuilt
over the last several months without auto-image-base.  Just FYI.

Also, there was some code passed back and forth a while ago (Rob, yours
maybe?) that purported to add a "non-relocatable" option to binutils.  I
don't remember the specifics, but I think there were some problems with
that particular implementation.  A working version that added a
"non-relocatable" option to ld when creating a DLL would be a nice
addition to binutils.  Anybody remember more about this?  I'm drawing a
blank...

--Chuck