Re: setup.exe rebase patch

Rob,

On Thu, Feb 28, 2002 at 01:46:44PM -0500, Jason Tishler wrote:
> > The Memento class is designed to provide a solution to both issues.
>
> Thanks for pointing me to the Memento pattern.  I will investigate it
> and try to come up with a better solution.

I just read the Memento chapter in the Gang of Four book.  I don't see how
this pattern will help in this case because the Memento object is suppose
to be opaque.  The Memento pattern's canonical use is to assist with undo
operations (i.e., restore state) without breaking encapsulation.  I don't
see how to twist this pattern for use by a general persistence mechanism.

Jason