Re: ITP: NASM

 Christopher,

Freitag, 22. März 2002 19:00:01, du schriebst:

> On Fri, Mar 22, 2002 at 09:35:50AM +0100, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
>>Hallo CygWinApps,
>>
>>I have packaged NASM.  I think I will maintain it
>>as long as someone else steps in.

> There are no licensing issues with this package?

Not that I'm aware of.

The Licence file starts with this introduction:

"Basically, NASM is free. You can't charge for it. You can copy it as
much as you like. You can incorporate it, or bits of it, into other
free programs if you want. (But we want to know about it if you do,
and we want to be mentioned in the credits.) We may well allow you
to incorporate it into commercial software too, but we'll probably
demand some money for it, and we'll certainly demand to be given
credit. And in extreme cases (although I can't immediately think of
a reason we might actually want to do this) we may refuse to let you
do it at all."

Which is followed by the:

NASM LICENCE AGREEMENT
======================

I. The Software is freely redistributable; [...]

II. The Software, or parts thereof, may be incorporated into other
freely redistributable software  [...]

III. Modified forms of the Software may be created and distributed
as long as the authors are informed [...]

IV. The Software, or parts thereof, may be incorporated into other
software which is not freely redistributable  [...]

[...]

VI. Object files or programs generated by the Software as output do
not fall under this licence at all, and may be placed under any
licence the author wishes. [...]

VII. You may not copy, modify or distribute the Software except
under the terms given in this licence document. [...]

VIII. There is no warranty for the Software, to the extent permitted
by applicable law. The authors provide the Software "as is" without
warranty [...]

X. In addition to what this Licence otherwise provides, the Software
may be distributed in such a way as to be compliant with the GNU
General Public Licence [...]

XI. The authors of NASM are the original authors [...]

XII. Should any part of this agreement be deemed unenforcable, it is
intended that the remainder of the agreement be held in force.

END OF LICENCE AGREEMENT

Full version is posted here:
http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/nasm/

Gerrit