Re: "Install-Info" not found during installing CYGIN

On Thu, Mar 28, 2002 at 10:48:34AM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:

>Hack Kampbj?rn wrote:
>

>>Note this doesn't happen for wget. I've just checked.

>>>No! Anything that has info pages should depend on texinfo. That's what
>>>dependencies ARE FOR.
>>>

>Anything that installs .info files should have texinfo in its dependency
>list.  If it doesn't, it's a bug, and the setup.hint should be fixed.
>(Yeah, it's possible some of my own packages violate this -- tell me and
>I'll fix 'em)

I have something in my queue which generates these setup info
dependencies automatically.  It's a change to upset2 which allows
scanning tar files and adding dependencies automatically based on
certain filename patterns.

I also have a package which will cause the dir file to be updated
automatically if an info file changes.

I'll try to finish this up in the next couple of weeks.

cgf