Re: SGML/XML packages available for testing

Hallo Christopher,

>>Could it be that setup cannot handle the version string "p4-1"? This
>>should be legal as far as I understand the Cygwin package
>>documentation, but then I might have misunderstood something. Should I
>>change the version string or should the setup maintainers look at
>>their parser again?

> Can you point me to a place in the cygwin package documentation which
> indicates that p4-1 is a valid version number?  It isn't as far as
> my understanding is concerned and I'd lke to rectify that.  I don't
> see any way to unambiguously parse something like that.

It is still dubious for me.
Setup was able to fetch it from the server during 'Download only' with
version number '1'.  But when doing an install from local directory it
wasn't offered anymore in the chooser.
IIRC Setup is able to install packages even if there is no version in
the name string (e.g. foo.tar.gz).

Gerrit
--
=^..^=