Re: info: single install xfree86 + minimal cygwin?

Ian Burrell wrote:

> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>

>> Yes, a -75dpi part of a tar file will look like a version number.
>>
>> Can you use an underscore instead?
>>

> I could use an underscore. I got it to work by changing it to dpi75.
> Shouldn't the name in the setup.ini file override that version number
> parsing?

Yeah, but cygcheck.exe also needs to be able to, at minimum, parse the
version string of a given package (cygcheck -c).  We're not yet at the
point of requiring setup.ini for proper cygcheck operation (and cygcheck
doesn't REALLY need to know about package dependencies and -src tarballs
and category information....)

I don't think it's that big a deal to require cygwin packages to follow
a parseable naming scheme; ours is pretty lenient...when it fails, it's
not a terrible imposition to either change a '-' to a '_', or swap some
digits and alphabetics within a -XXXX- word.

--Chuck