Re: cygwin-doc ready for upload

> I just checked the discussion about this, and you asked if someone was
> already maintaining newlib-man.  I don't think I ever answered but the
> answer is "no".  It looks like the man pages aren't even generated by
> newlib anymore.  Instead there is a big info file generated by 'make info'.
>
> Any chance that this could be incorpoated into your distribution?  The
> sources are already part of the cygwin package so there isn't any need
> to include them.

OK, it sounds like I should:
1) incorporate newlib-man-20001118 into cygwin-doc, maybe after a little
   sed that would put a "This doc is no longer being maintained; try info"
2) work on something to break the current newlib texinfo into man pages

Either way, I'd rather go ahead with the cygwin-doc as-is and put it on my
documentation todo list. So far I've got:
--Add the HTML for cygwin User's Guide, API Reference, etc. (after the
openjade,
  etc. packages are added)
--Finish patching the utils so that they output useful --help (and --version)

  and then update utils.sgml to reflect those changes, then update the man
pages
  (which are generated from utils.sgml)
--Add useful descriptions to the cygwin_foo() functions that currently have
none
--Figure out how to make info files from the cygwin sgml
--Actually update the documentation to reflect the current state of affairs