Re: 'redownload' aka download again and cygwin setup

On Mon, Apr 29, 2002 at 09:48:59PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>> I've never analyzed the corruption, it's fix was to download again.
>
>What were the symptoms that clued you into the corruption?

Yeah, I think if you are aware that there is corruption in one file, you
can delete that file and run setup.exe again.  I don't see any need for
a redownload, especially if it is complicating setup.exe now.

This is different than "reinstall" where you'd have to know which of hundreds
of files are necessary to delete to cause setup.exe to reinstall for you.

cgf