flex scanner compilation misses gdi32

Dortmund, Germany, 2002-05-12

Hi folks!

This is my first posting, hope i am right in Your list.
I have some more than basic knowledge about my Linux-only system inclucding
compiling different apps and libs. So much about me.

Please help me with this problem (my virgin cygwin compilation - yes i read
the FAQ, maybe i am too stupid) :

I did a complete installation of cygwin (DLL version 1.3.10) on my W2k box.
Trying to compile even a very simple flex scanner with gcc i got "cannot
find -luser32" - that problem can be solved by giving gcc the "-mwindows"
switch.

But then this: "cannot find -lgdi32". (It IS installed). Please help me
save some time to design my non-commercial website and to clean my house, i
am actually out of time to find the solution myself. Please help.

(the minimum solution i need is that it will run under the cygwin prompt, as
an exe under Win would be fine. I know that it won't need any graphics but
for future compilations this problem will occur again... So, i really like
to know
why gdi32 is not found. At least setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH doesn't help.)

Thanxs 4 any answer

Michael Besteck
info@bitspring.de

p.s.: does anyone know a good substitute for the midnight commander (which
requests the absent glib) ?