New Packages Waiting! [WAS: New SGML/XML packages]

Hi All,

It has been 3 days since it was posted and, AFAIK, Jon has gone through
the proper procedure for becoming the maintainer of the packages according
to the packaging howto.  Yet, there has been no discussion or
acknowledgement of their existence, other then my earlier comment.  If you
recall, back in March was when he first attempted to submit them, people
became sidetracked and, after he fixed all the issues that people were
complaining about, nothing was done to have them added.  Now he didn't use
the [ITP] or [RFP], but that isn't stated in the howto (perhaps it should
be added?).  Can someone please look into this and get his packages added
to the distribution?  This is really important step in achieving full
doc-tools capabilities in cygwin!  If there is a problem, could someone
please explain it.  I'm sorry if it seems I am speaking for Jon, but I am
a big advocate for this functionality in cygwin (partly due to the fact
most new opensource and freesoftware builds its docs with some of these
tools).  Thanks in advance for your cooperation and understanding.  The
reference message containing all the pertinent info and hint files is:

http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-05/msg00169.html

Thanks,
Nicholas