Re: Setup 2.218.2.6 [Was: Re: Setup 2.218.2.4]

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, May 14, 2002 at 10:40:19AM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
>
>>Still doesn't work when installing from a "local" directory (although it
>>works fine when installing from internet)
>>
>>Once it begins parsing setup.ini, it dies almost immediately.  But,
>>there is no warning or error popup.
>>

> If I send you a debuggable setup.exe, would you mind running it and
> getting a back trace?

Yeah, I could do that.

> Or, if you are into pain, you could try building a setup.exe for
> yourself.  Maybe it's because I like to build these things on linux
> but I had a very hard time getting things configured right so that
> I could debug my problem.

I fear this.  I don't have the appropriate mingw libraries, libstdc++,
or nothin' -- and I really don't have time to figure it all out right
now.  Just gimme a debug version, and I'll send you a bt.

> Barring that, could you send an 'ls -lR' of your download directory?

Not from here -- all of this must wait until tonight when I am home.

--Chuck