Re: setup releases

On 27 May 2002 at 17:09, Ralf Habacker wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> in http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-05/msg00236.html is told something
> about that setup.exe is linked against cygwin1.dll and I have recognized this
> behavior in the recent cvs source, but I can't believe that this should be true
> or have I overseen something important ?
>
> How does a user would be able to install cygwin with setup.exe for the first
> time if setup.exe depends on cygwin1.dll ?

            You might want to take a look at the actual cvs data for setup.exe.  Also, take a look at the original post which cgf was replying to (http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-05/msg00230.html).

            I would also encourage you to actually read the cvs data related to setup.exe to actually understand what is going on.  If you want more indepth information then I would encourage you to do a search on the entire archive re: setup.exe (search target).  Seeing the whole forest is much more informative than seeing just a single tree.

            Paul G.