Re: Setup-2.249.2.3 and download incomplete and popt and libpopt0

On Tue, Jun 18, 2002 at 01:34:20PM -0400, Brian Keener wrote:
>Robert Collins wrote:
>>mirrors.rcn.net + another mirror site - in the mirror selection box.
>>Setup will not download anything already in your mirrors.rcn.net
>>directory cache, but will failover to other mirrors automatically if
>>mirrors.rcn.net has trouble.
>>
>I'm gonna step out on a limb here and say something is still not right
>with libpopt0 (either it's path in setup.ini or something) which in
>turn keeps popt from downloading since it is dependent on libpopt0.  I
>just tried mirrors.rcn.net again which according to Chris should be no
>more than 12 hours out and I still get a download incomplete.

If you look a the mirrors list at http://cygwin.com/mirrors.html, you'll
see that mirrors.rcn.net is not listed, indicating that it is not
up-to-date.  setup.exe uses this list (the last I checked) to generate
its mirror list.  It doesn't (apparently) drop the mirror from the cache
when it becomes invalid and it probably shouldn't do this.

Anyway, since there are a number of other up-to-date mirrors on that
page, I'm not sure how there could be something specifically wrong with
libpopt0 in that case.  It's probably some problem in setup.exe itself.

cgf