RE: User URLs in setup.exe

I always like patches. As for the right thing, how does this sound:
For all urls (i.e. no special cases);
Show one of:
* a friendly path provided in the mirrors.lst or last-mirror files.
* the entire path

And:
* Use a pop-up box to show the entire path for -every- mirror.
* And generate the unique key based on the entire path not the display
path.

> There is also the question of whether setup User URLs should be
> susceptible to trailing slashes and spaces.  Here's a (ugly and
> untested) patch that strips trailing spaces:

I think this is the wrong thing to do. Us users shouldn't need to
understand url encoding, which is why trailing '/'s and spaces are
currently preserved. (because http://foo.com/cygwin//setup.ini is a
valid URL different from http://foo.com/cygwin/setup.ini).

> If that turned out not to be a good idea, it might be worth making the
> spaces visible in the error message, e.g. like this:

Thanks, I'm checking these two changes in.

Rob