This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [maybe-ITP] FreeCiv for X
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 11:27:46 +0200
- Subject: Re: [maybe-ITP] FreeCiv for X
- Organization: Syntrex, Inc.
- References: <3D216577.email@example.com><20020702104104.A20726@cygbert.vinschen.de>
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
Tuesday, July 02, 2002, 10:41:04 AM, you wrote:
CV> On Tue, Jul 02, 2002 at 10:33:59AM +0200, Lapo Luchini wrote:
>> Being the first time I tryied cygwin's Xfree I was searching for
>> something to "test" it and I found, con www.freeciv.org, a compiled
>> CygWin Xfree version of FreeCiv (Civilization II GPLed clone).
>> Later I noticed also that a native Win32 version exists, with its own
>> GTK.dll and occupying 5.3Mb instead of 3Mb.
>> Do you think it would be nonetheless cool to have a game in cygwin
>> packages or its existance as a standalone Win32 program makes it
CV> Not at all! Sure it would be cool to have that game. Isn't it
CV> somewhat slow as a Cygwin app?
I've been browsing the FreeCiv site, some time ago - I remember that
in the ports section I red something about droping the cygwin version
in favour of the native Win32 one. I don't remember the exact reason
Btw I don't know how slow the cygwin version is, but having bought
Civ III, I can say that even the retail version gets pretty much slow
when you advance through the game :))