This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: rebase / STL set patch
- From: Jason Tishler <jason at tishler dot net>
- To: Robert Collins <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- Cc: Cygwin-Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 02 Jul 2002 17:22:04 -0400
- Subject: Re: rebase / STL set patch
- References: <016401c22014$7cc6e700$1800a8c0@LAPTOP><20020630134832.GA1904@tishler.net> <023001c22078$d26c9150$1800a8c0@LAPTOP><20020701123502.GB1904@tishler.net> <009001c220fd$4ff90610$1800a8c0@LAPTOP>
On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 10:46:25PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
> Where are we at with the rebase stuff BTW?
I actually have made some progress recently to two fronts. I have begun
to migrate my setup-rebase code to use STL. So, far I have converted
free_list to use set instead of my homegrown stuff. The code compiles
but I had to leave it (again) before testing. Once I test it, the
used_list conversion should go quicker. After the conversion to STL, I
will begin to implement the items derived from your feedback.
I have also updated my completely stand-alone rebase (*) to copy the
image file before attempting to rebase and to skip it if corruption is
detected. I hope to release this version RSN. Ultimately, I will
migrate this functionality into setup.exe's rebase functionality.
(*) This rebase version is very similar to MS's and does *not* persist
rebase runs to be used by future ones. This version should not be
confused with the one that I use to test setup.exe's rebase
functionality and possibly will become a Cygwin package to augment