This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [PATCH suggestion] Can't open null for reading when installing from local directory
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: "Pavel Tsekov" <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 11:43:58 +1000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH suggestion] Can't open null for reading when installing from local directory
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Pavel Tsekov" <email@example.com>
Sent: Wednesday, July 03, 2002 10:39 PM
Subject: [PATCH suggestion] Can't open null for reading when installing from
> The following code is wrong - choose.cc, default_trust ():
> This results in the nasty message being showed later in install.cc:
Good catch. It's a -bit- of a corner case, as setup will always default to
downloading those packages in the first place. The HEAD and setup-200207
equivalent is packageversion.accessible() which encapsulates all knowledge
about mirror sites, cached files and so on.
packagemeta already has such protection (from memory).
> This patch is against 188.8.131.52 - I haven't verified if the problem is
> still in the latest snapshot.
It was. Inserting 'pkg.desired.accessible() &&' into the if clause handles
it. I'm committing such a patch to HEAD and setup-200207.