This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: ITP: Guile 1.5.6
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: "Charles Wilson" <cwilson at ece dot gatech dot edu>
- Cc: "'Nicholas Wourms'" <nwourms at netscape dot net>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>, "'Jan Nieuwenhuizen'" <janneke at gnu dot org>
- Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 12:03:57 +1000
- Subject: Re: ITP: Guile 1.5.6
- References: <000f01c223ae$468506c0$0200a8c0@lifelesswks> <3D24E05F.firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Charles Wilson" <email@example.com>
To: "Robert Collins" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> I may be stealing Nicholas's thunder, but I believe he has already
> mentioned this onlist. Nicholas is currently embarked on the rpm
> "journey" -- he (and Gerritt) are providing and maintaining the berkeley
> db packages (currently 2.7.7, but eventually also 3.x.x and 4.x.x).
> Then, I imagine, he will be working on an *official*, *cygwin*, port of
> rpm. (Previous cygwin ports have NOT been part of the official
> setup-installable system).
> That's the first step.
> But I believe all of the above are included in Nicholas's long term
> goals -- so Robert, you've got at least one motivated volunteer who has
> already put his money where his mouth is, with the berk-db packages...
Which is great. It's still a significant task though.