This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2002 12:41:10 +0200
- Subject: binutils question
- Organization: Syntrex, Inc.
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
I noticed that, by default, excutables have some data, in the binary,
which is not part of any of the image sections. It is located after the .stab*
sections. If I strip with --strip-all this data is removed.
What is this data used for ?