This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Ghostscript packaging for X11, non-X11 versions
- From: Dario Alcocer <alcocer at helixdigital dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2002 06:57:23 -0700
- Subject: Ghostscript packaging for X11, non-X11 versions
Are there any guidelines or suggestions regarding packaging
source, patches and binaries for programs (like Ghostscript)
that can be built for either Cygwin or Cygwin/XFree86?
Unless I hear a very compelling reason to do otherwise, I'm
planning on releasing three binary packages and a single
* A ghostscript-base package, which includes all the
common files required by both program versions.
* A ghostscript package, which contains only the non-X11
version of gs.exe, and a README describing the build
* A ghostscript-x11 package, which contains only the X11
version of gs.exe, possibly renamed to xgs or gsx, and
a README describing how to build it for XFree86.
* A source package which contains all the patches for both
builds and both README files.
I'm picking this packaging method so that both X11 and non-X11
versions can both be installed, without getting into problems
when un-installing one and not the other.
I've looked around in the cygwin-apps archives, and I've not
found this discussed with respect to other apps (e.g. rxvt)
that can be built for either Cygwin or Cygwin/XFree86.
Dario Alcocer -- Sr. Software Developer, Helix Digital Inc.
firstname.lastname@example.org -- http://www.helixdigital.com