This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [ITP] Midnight Commander 4.5.55
- From: Pavel Tsekov <ptsekov at syntrex dot com>
- To: cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 8 Jul 2002 14:06:43 +0200
- Subject: Re: [ITP] Midnight Commander 4.5.55
- Organization: Syntrex, Inc.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><3D297AB6.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: Pavel Tsekov <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
Monday, July 08, 2002, 1:42:46 PM, you wrote:
>>Please, take a look at the packages and inform me of any
>>inconsistencies you find.
LL> Binary and source packaging looks good to me.
LL> Only thing I wouldn't put a patch in the root of the archive, out of the
LL> mc-4.5.55-1 directory.
LL> Moreover patches are already available in the correct
LL> mc-4.5.55-1/CYGWIN-PATCHES directories.
I was following method one for packaging the sources - it seemed to
me, that the preferred place to store the patch is the root and not
CYGWIN-PATCHES. This patch is actually used ONLY to remove the
CYGWIN-PATCHES dir and its contents. I haven't done any cygwin
LL> Lately I better appreciate method two for packaging, but that's only
LL> personal preference.
It was easier for me to package it this way :) If method two is
preferred I'll repackage the source that way.
LL> Are you italian? Uhm.. form the email seems not.
Nope :) I work/live in Italy though :)