This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: setup.exe and replacing of in-use files
- From: Lapo Luchini <lapo at lapo dot it>
- To: Mailing List: CygWin-Apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 19:00:04 +0200
- Subject: Re: setup.exe and replacing of in-use files
- References: <3D2846C8.firstname.lastname@example.org> <017901c225cc$06714d80$1800a8c0@LAPTOP> <3D286965.email@example.com> <001501c22618$3e8fd780$2300a8c0@LAPTOP>
The package release field must be pure numeric. I.e. 2.2.2-1, not 2.2.2-b1.
If you want a beta tag on packages then try 2.2.2b-1. The package release
field provides no information about package status, just versioning. Use the
package version field to provide such information.
What about this one? It grows like [1.3-]*1.3 (i.e. 1.3, 1.3-1.3,
1.3-1.3-1.3...), is the release field also strictly necessary?
Directly from KDE's setup.ini:
sdesc: "Patches for xfree 4.2.x (libXExt, libXft (qt3), Xwin)"
requires: cygwin XFree86-base
install: kde-x-1.3.tar.bz2 1944453
I don't know yacc format enough to extract that information myself from
But... steange inilex.l doesn't contain a token for "version:"... I
guess I must study it a bit more.
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
firstname.lastname@example.org (PGP & X.509 keys available)
http://www.lapo.it (ICQ UIN: 529796)