This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Bug] SETUP.EXE regression -- proposing going backward again
- From: "Robert Collins" <robert dot collins at syncretize dot net>
- To: "David A. Cobb" <superbiskit at cox dot net>,<cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2002 08:29:59 +1000
- Subject: Re: [Bug] SETUP.EXE regression -- proposing going backward again
- References: <3D2A0E24.firstname.lastname@example.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "David A. Cobb" <email@example.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 8:11 AM
Subject: [Bug] SETUP.EXE regression -- proposing going backward again
> I see in SETUP.EXE vsn 22.214.171.124 that setup is back to proposing to
> over-write "test" versions with the "older" current revision. IIRC, we
> all agreed once upon a time that this ain't right.
> Specifically: GCC 3.1.1-2 proposed replacement is 2.95.3-5
> Guile 1.5.6-2 .... 1.4-2
> Lilypond 1.5.65-1 .... 1.4.14jcn4-1
Gcc 3.1.1-2 is marked as test. We agreed that setup would never try to
uninstall a version, but we didn't agree on management of the test versions.