This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: [Bug] SETUP.EXE regression -- proposing going backward again
- From: "David A. Cobb" <superbiskit at cox dot net>
- To: cygwin-apps <cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Mon, 08 Jul 2002 20:27:08 -0400
- Subject: Re: [Bug] SETUP.EXE regression -- proposing going backward again
- Organization: CoxNet User
- References: <3D2A0E24.firstname.lastname@example.org> <059201c226ce$fee4c840$2300a8c0@LAPTOP>
Robert Collins wrote:
----- Original Message -----I'll sift thru the pile, but I believe we agreed that setup would never
recommend rolling a version-number backward. All of these do that.
From: "David A. Cobb" <email@example.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 09, 2002 8:11 AM
Subject: [Bug] SETUP.EXE regression -- proposing going backward again
I see in SETUP.EXE vsn 22.214.171.124 that setup is back to proposing to
over-write "test" versions with the "older" current revision. IIRC, we
all agreed once upon a time that this ain't right.
Specifically: GCC 3.1.1-2 proposed replacement is 2.95.3-5
Guile 1.5.6-2 .... 1.4-2
Lilypond 1.5.65-1 .... 1.4.14jcn4-1
Gcc 3.1.1-2 is marked as test. We agreed that setup would never try to
uninstall a version, but we didn't agree on management of the test versions.
David A. Cobb, Software Engineer, Public Access Advocate
"By God's Grace I am a Christian man, by my actions a great sinner." -- The Way of a Pilgrim; R. M. French, tr.
Life is too short to tolerate crappy software.